8 Ways to Unwind After a Long Day
"Take time to do what makes your soul happy" - unknown
Sometimes life can be overwhelming. Maybe you had a long day at work or a long day at school. The point is, you could definitely use a break. Pot Heads Tea values self care and taking care of, not just the body, but the mind. Here are some of our favorite ways to wind down after a long day.
- Get outside - Whether you’re going for a walk or just sitting on your back patio, get outside and take a breath of fresh air.
- Listen to some upbeat music - Get up and dance your heart out. Dance with yourself or dance with someone else. Have fun and don’t take it seriously, just enjoy!
- Take a relaxing bath - This is one of our favorites! Set the scene and get your favorite candle and bath accessories like bath bombs and salts. Turn out the lights, grab a good book, let the troubles fade away.
- Our personal favorite, enjoy some herbal tea! We recommend our Keep Calm Chamomile Tea if you’re needing something to help you destress, but choose what feels right to you! Drink a hot cup over dinner or right before bed. Allow your body to relax deeply and fully so you can get a good night’s sleep.
- Meditate for at least 5 minutes a day. It can be a walking meditation, a sleeping meditation, a sitting meditation- you set the limitations!
- Practice mindfulness - Set a calming atmosphere, clear your mind, and focus on your senses. What can you see, smell, taste, feel, or hear? As you’re connecting to the things around you, you can recite a mantra. After a long day, you can recite things like: “Tomorrow is going to be a good day”.
- Journal - Choose your favorite journal and write, write, write. You can write about your day, the week, your feelings, or something entirely different. Google prompts and pick one that gets you excited.
- Read a book - There is never a shortage of books to choose from, so find a good one and read a few pages each day.
So many of us want to take care of ourselves, but we’re not sure how. These self care tips are a great place for you to start! Try each one and see what resonates with you most and you can make it into a relaxing routine you do daily, weekly, or monthly. Listening to your body and your mind’s needs are the key to better days!
Sip in the moment,
Pot Heads TEAm
Written by our Intern Deandra Jones